Langsung ke konten utama

What is the meaning of your name ?

Halo everybody, It's been a while I don't post something here, well I hava so many things to share though, let me find my leasure time yaa :). Actually this is the task for my humanistic studies. My lecture asked me to share the story and the meaning of my name. So here we go
My name is Fara Indah Jumilah Taufiq. I was born in Mempawah, West Kalimantan and I was raised in Palembang South Sumatera. I'm very glad to do this assignment because If Mr.Hatim did not asked me to share about the story of name, I will not really know what the meaning of my name is. My name was given by my father. For my first name, Fara, I checked it in google and  Fara means happiness. Actually, my mother once told me that My name should be Para, but she thought that  I will be in the last part in list of attendance, so she changed the first letter into F rather than P. In my mother opinion, Para means all, then Indah means beaufitul. She wants all part of me is beautiful. I accepted my mother's opinion until my father told me the real story of my name. My father was 33 when he married with my mother, it was in 1995. And a year after, in 1996 my mother gave birth to me. So it was a very beautiful moment for my family, and it was the biggest happines that just came to my family.  So my father gave my first name as Fara Indah that express the moment that I was born, full of happiness and everything seemed beautiful, included me. Then Jumilah, my middle name, it is from Jumadil Ahir, arabic month that I was born. For my last name, Taufiq, it is from my father's name, Taufiq Yusuf. He gave my last name with his name because He wants everyone knows that I'm his daughter and I'm proud of it. So the meaning of my full name is the happiness and beauty that was born in Jumadil Ahir as the daughter of Mr.Taufiq.
I'm very happy with my name. I was thinking to change my first name Fara into Gina or Asyfa, because it is easier to be said since I can't say spell "r" clearly. Everytime I introduce my name,  I should say "Fara" twice since they cannot get the my name clearly. However, I do not have that desire anymore. I'm just very happy with my name, and by understanding the story behind, I'm really proud with my name.
And guys, what's the meaning of your name ? :)

Komentar